Last week, Collette from Wine to Water nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Collette! I was touched that you thought of me. For those that don’t know her, Collette is a lovely person and a beautiful writer. She always provides much nourishment for the soul and brain.
The Liebster (NOT Lobster, auto-correct!) award is something fun bloggers give to each other. In Collette’s words, “[t]he Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
QUESTIONS FROM COLLETTE
- If you had the ability to turn back time, what time period would you return to?
- Six months prior to the last presidential election here in the U.S.. I would try to warn those that thought Trump would make a good president (but have now changed their minds) what was coming! It probably would make no difference, but it would be worth a try.
- If you could return anything you own and get a refund, what would it be and why?
- My juicer. It was expensive, and I have never used it. Not once.
- If you could get rid of one vegetable or fruit in the entire world, what would it be and why?
- Do mushrooms count? I know they are fungus, but they are the one thing that is vegetable-y that I truly, truly hate. They are disgusting. But not the magic kind. Those get to stay.
- Is there an item that you find completely useless and it shouldn’t even exist in the first place?
- Wrinkle cream. Or any plastic product that can’t be easily and efficiently recycled.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- This is a tough one. I’m not sure there is any “one” place for me. Right now, I’m fantasizing about the U.S. state of Vermont. Vancouver, BC, would also be lovely.
- What is your biggest fear?
- The thing all parents fear. It is so terrible, I don’t want to even write it. I also hate spiders. Especially the daddy longlegs kind. Yes, I know they are harmless.
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- Calistoga, California, on the 4th of July.
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- I would like to be more patient, all of the time.
- What really makes you angry?
- When my nation’s leaders deliberately set about to trash the environment, do nothing about climate change, see some humans as expendable or less worthy of basic human decency than others, and consider greed an admirable personality trait.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- The work I did helping survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. I can’t do it any more because of the stress involved, but I am really proud of the work I was able to do.
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
- Little Women. It was beautiful and well done. It isn’t my usual kind of movie (I prefer comedies or quirky things), but I enjoyed it.
ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME
- I have been with my partner for almost 20 years.
- We have one daughter. She is eight and sassy.
- We also have two very old, cranky cats. Someday, I would like to have a big dog.
- I have lived in my city for 27 years, and in the same house for 22 years.
- I love this city, but I also dream of living somewhere rural or in a small town. My kid wants to live in the suburbs. So funny as I could not get out of the suburbs fast enough when I graduated from high school.
- I had a near-death experience in my twenties, and I didn’t have an out-of-body experience. Very disappointing.
- I love to garden, but I have been too scared to do it in my backyard since discovering how much lead contamination there is out there. 😦
- I was a vegetarian for all of my twenties, but I never forgot about steak and bacon.
- I want to retire in about 5 years if I can somehow swing it.
- I LOVE to travel, but I hate airplanes. They scare me, but it is worth it to see the world.
- I need alone time every day.
PLEASE do not feel like you must accept this nomination. If this is not your thing, I will not be offended. Also, I would actually like to nominate everyone I follow as they are all fabulous. Many have already been nominated recently by someone else so you won’t see them on this list. Others have been around so long I am sure they must have already been nominated, and some are so new that I’m not sure when or if they will post again. And, some are trying to take a break from blogging, the internet, etc., so I’m going to try to respect their wishes here.
These are not all new bloggers, but here are a few blogs that I enjoy:
- Lovie at Wake up! Lovie is thoughtful, honest, and has an interesting perspective to share. Not a new blogger, but one I really enjoy.
- Limetwiste at Moderately Sober. Also not new, but terrific. She was the first to really support me here, and I will always be grateful. I am not at all sure that she will be up for accepting this nomination, but I wanted to share her with others if they haven’t yet discovered her.
- TheDriedRose. She’s new here, and I’m really hoping she will keep posting!
Please answer the same questions Collette posed.
I’m going to have to complete this list in a part II to this post (at some point in the future) as I continue to explore new blogs!
Love and support to all of you.
Ms. New Leaf